Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds a second layer of security to your Wealth99 Exchange account. If an attacker manages to acquire your email address and password, your account will still be protected.
To enable the Google 2FA, where the 6-digit code is shown via the Google Authenticator app, follow the steps below.
1. Once logged in, on the left menu of your Exchange account, go to “Settings”
2. Select the “Security” tab.
3. Click on “Primary Two Factor” to enable the 2FA.
4. Write down the backup code by hand and store it somewhere safe - note that you won’t be able to see this information later. Also, note that you will not be able to copy and paste. This is to ensure that you have stored it.
5. Once the backup code has been written down, click “The backup code is safe” to proceed.
6. Type in the backup code and click "Confirm".
7. Download the Google Authenticator app and follow these instructions to set up 2FA:
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Open the app, then scan the QR code.
- Enter the six-digit code from the Google Authenticator app to complete the setup process.
Write down your backup code and store it somewhere safe. If you lose the mobile device that has your two-factor authenticator app, you’ll have to inform us of the backup code to restore access to your account. Every time you deactivate and reactivate 2FA a new backup code will be generated.
Now your 2FA has been set up. Next time you log in to your Wealth99 Exchange account you will be prompted to enter the code sent to you by SMS or the Google Authenticator code.
You can see how to log in, here.